I made these for my family last week. I had heard of the cake mix cobbler before but not using cream cheese. It's a great recipe that we may make again in the near future.
This was my pin. Peachy Keen Bars from Paula Todora on Just A Pinch recipes. http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/peachy-keen-bars.html#.T2CUyHsx2zh.pinterest
First you make the crumb crust out of the cake mix, butter, and egg. ( I love that I can use my notebook to help in the kitchen.)
Place all the crumb mixture except 1 1/2 cups (topping) in a prepared pan , press down lightly, and bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Prepare the cream cheese topping, drain and cut up the sliced peaches. (Don't laugh at my vintage bowls! They have been in use for almost 40 years!)
Scatter the peaches over the partially baked crust. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the top of the peaches. Cover with the 1 1/2 cup of saved crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! It is better cold in our opinion.
Peachy Keen Bars
|Cook time:||30 Min||Difficulty:|
|Prep time:||10 Min||Serves:||12|
- 1 pkg dry cake mix-white, yellor or french vanilla
- 1/3 c butter, room temperature
get recipes @ goboldwithbutter.com
- 2 lg eggs, divided
- 29 oz can light peach slices, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly. Set aside 1 ½ c. crumbs for topping.
3. Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake 10 minutes.
4. Cut peach slices into 1” pieces; Spoon onto partially-baked crust.
5. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with mixer until creamy. Spread over top of peaches.
6. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; Bake 30 minutes.
7. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving; Serves 12. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Thanks for looking! Have a great, blessed week!