Monday, January 27, 2014

There's a Cold Wind Blowing!

The wind blew really hard last night.  This is what we woke up to this morning.




The city workers, neighbors, and volunteers have been working all day trying to remove these tumbleweeds.  They covered some of our neighbors front and back yards, roads were blocked, and people were blocked in their homes and driveways.  Tumbleweeds are NOT easy to remove!  

The winds brought in much cooler weather.  Cool weather always makes me want to bake something.  A nice warm peach cobbler!


Easy Cobbler

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the above.  Add to a baking dish (spray with a cooking spray).  Top this with 2 cups of fresh or canned peaches ( or any of your favorite fruits).  When I use canned (not in heavy syrup) fruit.  I use two reg. size cans and pour the juice off one can and add 1/2 cup sugar.  When using fresh fruit, add 2 cups or less of sugar with the fruit.  Now, slice a stick of margarine or butter over the peaches.  Don't stir.  Just place in the middle of your oven and bake for just over 1/2 an hour or until browned. The cobbler crust will rise up over the peaches.  Take out and sprinkle some sugar on the top.  Serve warm with ice cream or cold.  It's an easy recipe to remember.  Add cinnamon to apples, almond flavoring to cherries, just make it your own according to your families tastes.  

Have a safe, warm, happy week!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope those winds have calmed down. That snap almost looks like it's from a horror movie! :) Now, you're singing my song with that cobbler. I just love them and I'll have to try your recipe. Thanks for popping in to see me with your kind words.
You are the sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like my tablescape. I just can't seem to get away from my Roosters! Hope it's not too cold at your house.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)